- 1Peel the carrots and cut them in large pieces.
- 2Put 15 g butter in a sauté pan together with the carrots. Fry these lightly until they begin to caramelise.
- 3Add the carrot juice and apple vinegar and boil them until the juice begins to glaze around the carrots.
- 4Add cold butter, salt and pepper. Take the carrots off the heat.
- 5Finally, add the finely chopped shallot and tarragon and give it a toss.
- 6Grate the bread with a course grater and place it on baking paper. Drip on the oil or bacon grease and sprinkle on some course sea salt.
- 7Bake the bread golden and crisp in the oven at 170-180°C for 4-5 minutes. Remove and sprinkle onto the carrots just before serving so they stay crunchy.
- 8Serve the carrots warm.