- 1Set the oven at 200C/400 F.
- 2Cube the loin into large pieces and the bacon into slightly smaller pieces.
- 3Peal and cut the carrots and parsley roots into chunks. Wedge the onion and crush the garlic cloves. Brown the meat and the vegetables and add salt, pepper, bay leaves and lentils.
- 4Pour the meat mixture into a cast iron pot and add the wine and water. Cover and place it in the oven for 2 hours.
- 5After 2 hours, remove the lid and taste. The meat should be so tender that it melts in your mouth. If it isn’t there yet, just replace the lid and cook it in the oven for 20 minutes more.
- 6What’s really nice about this dish is that all the nutritional value of the foods — vitamins, minerals, etc. — stay in the pot. And I guarantee that it makes fantastic bullion!
- 7Before serving season the stew with salt, pepper and a little lemon juice. Serve the stew in deep bowls. Personally I think that potatoes are not necessary since the stew already contains the root vegetables. It can sometimes become a habit to serve potatoes with everything. As for me; I wouldn’t do it, especially not here.