– your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number
– debit card details
– information about your device (such as the IP address, which is a numerical code to identify your device that can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based)
– information relating to your personal circumstances and how you use our sites and services
What personal data we collect and when
When you register for our newsletter we collect:
– Your name
– Your email address
– Some limited data from your social media profile (further information on this is to be found in our cookies policy linked in the footer menu below) if you have signed in to your Facebook profile when using our website.
– Your IP address and your behavioral patterns related to our website.
– Details of your devices, for example, the unique device ID, unique advertising ID, and browsers used to access our content.
When you send us an email to email@example.com we collect:
– Your name
– Your email address
– Other information you may provide in the email text
When you purchase any products from our webshop we collect:
– Your name
– Your email address
– Your billing address
– Your home address
– Your purchasing history
– Your payment details
Why and how we use your personal data
We use personal data collected through our site and newsletter sign-up for a number of purposes, including the following:
– To send marketing communications when we have your permission, or when permitted by law.
– To understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
– To improve your experience on our site.
– To personalize our services, like remembering your settings and payment details.
– To improve our marketing by making it more relevant to your interests and preferences.
– To respond to your queries and to resolve complaints
– For statistical purposes such as analyzing the performance of our site and to understand how visitors use them.
– From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
Specifically for the newsletter, we use personal data from newsletter opt-ins for the following purposes:
– We use MailChimp to send you ads, offers, and information related to New Scandinavian Cooking and our products.
– We use MailChimp to see whether you have opened a marketing email or clicked on a link in the email.
We also use information on the content you have viewed on our site and your interaction with the content to add you to groups with similar interests and preferences, so that we can make our online advertising more relevant. Sometimes we use data about your interests or demographics that third parties have collected from you online to add to these groups. Please read our cookies policy found in the footer menu at the bottom of this page for a further read.
Legal grounds for using your personal data
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
For example, where you have provided your consent to receive marketing emails from us by signing up for our newsletter. You can withdraw your consent at any time. In the case of marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. Also, by using this website you agree for us to use your information gathered from cookies. Please read our cookies policy found in the footer menu at the bottom of this page.
Compliance with law
In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
Performance of a contract with you
For example, where you have purchased a product from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and deliver your purchase.
SecurityWe are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Who else we share your personal data with
Employees of Tellus Wors Television AS have access to the data described in this policy. We do not share your personal data with other people or organizations that are not directly linked to us except under the following circumstances:
Based on your consent we may share your personal data with MailChimp. We may also share your information with our web developers and digital marketing team. Sometimes we may receive a letter, email or another form of communication from you that we consider to be significant to the history of New Scandinavian Cooking. We may decide to share this with employees of New Scandinavian Cooking.
We may also share your data with other organizations that provide services on our behalf such as dealing with online payments and other forms of payment processing, ie credit card transactions and preventing fraud.
We may reveal your personal data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other organization if we are required to do so to meet a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of anyone else.
We will not share your personal data with anyone else for their own marketing purposes unless we have your permission to do this.
International data transfer
Links to other websitesOur website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data for only as long as we need to, however, data collected by cookies we use are stored for 50 months (360 days for Hotjar) from your previous visit. How long we need your personal data depends on what we are using it for. For example, we may need to use it to answer your queries about a product or service and as a result, we may keep personal data while you are still using services.
We may also need to keep your personal data for accounting purposes, for example, if you have bought a product from our webshop.
If we no longer need your data, we will delete it. Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time. If we have asked for your permission to process your personal data and we have no other lawful grounds to continue with that processing, and you withdraw your permission, we will delete your personal data. However, when you unsubscribe from our newsletter, we will keep your email address to ensure that we do not send you any marketing in future.
You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request.
Who we are and how to contact usThe data controller for www.newscancook.com is Tellus Wors Television AS, Rosenholmveien 25, NO-1414 Trollåsen. This means that Tellus Wors Television AS is responsible for deciding how and why your personal data is held and used.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you have a concern about how your personal data is used, please contact the Data Protection Officer, which is the CEO of Tellus Wors Television AS.
If you want to contact us, you can find our contact details in the “Contact” section in the footer menu below.