Ice cream always tastes great – regardless of the weather! Ice cream and coffee always make the perfect match, and directly mixing the two inevitably produces an irresistible drink – or dessert – depending on who you ask. Like many other great culinary creations, the Affogato originally comes from Italy. Somewhat dramatically, Affogato means “drowned”; and that is actually what you do with the ice cream in this drink – or dessert.
- Brew a steamingly fresh and spoon-meltingly strong coffee – Evergood Dark Roast is perfect for this purpose.
- Place a suitable amount of vanilla ice cream in a serving dish.
- Drown the ice cream in a flood of hot coffee.
- Purists insist that this is how a true Affogato should be served. But if you dare, you can add a layer of Chantilly as an extra finish, and then sprinkle your creation with grated chocolate or nuts (you can even add a pinch of salt …). And if you are a real trail-blazer, you can use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla!
- For obvious reasons, you need to serve the dessert – or drink – immediately. Ideally with a biscotti or two.
You may purchase the coffee used in this recipe in our webshop.
*This is an ad for Joh. Johannson Kaffe AS, the producer of Evergood coffee.*