Cod Medallions with Hash Browns and Smoked Roe
Number of servings
- Start with curing the roe. Combine salt and sugar and gently rub it in to the roe. Let sit in room temperature to dissolve sugar salt mix. Once dissolved store cold for 3 days, and flip once every day.
- Place the roe in heat resistant bowl or pan with lid
- Set a branch of juniper on fire and place with the roe. Cover with a lid to extinguish the fire. Let sit for 15 minutes. Repeat 3-5 times
- Grind potato and season with salt. Press out liquid by hand
- Heat up a pan over medium heat. Add butter and the grinded potatoes and shape it like a thick pancake
- Cook apx 6-8 minutes to golden brown, flip side and cook 3-5 minutes
- Place cod cheeks on scewers. Season with salt and grill on both sides for apx 3-4 minutes
- Season cod´s tongue with salt and turn in flour. Cook in butter over medium heat on both sides for apx 4-5 minutes
- Serve hash browns topped with juniper smoked roe, grilled cheeks and butter seared tounge. Finish off with sprinkles of chopped red onion and dill on top.