Coffee cured cod
Number of servings
With grilled asparagus, sautéed chanterelles and tomato-& strawberry salad.
- Combine sugar, salt and coffee beans
- Rub it in to the fish loin
- Pour coffee over the fish
- Cover and store cold for 24 hours to become “gravad” or cured, turn the fish 2-3 times during the 24 hours.
- Slice scallions thinly and combine with lime zest and juice
- Rinse strawberries and tomatoes in cold water. Cut in half or aproximately 2×2 cm pieces.
- Combine marinated scallions with tomatoes and strawberries
- Add olive oil and season with salt. Mix well and top with green leaves.
- Heat up a pan over medium high heat. Add butter and sauté chanterelles 3-4 minutes. Season with salt.
- Grill asparagus for 3-4 minutes over high heat (or pan fried)
- Dry cod with a kitchen towel and slice thinly
- Serve with butter fried chanterelles, grilled asparagus and tomato-& strawberry salad.Note! Cured fish tastes more when room-tempered.