Fish ‘n Mashed Peas
Number of servings
- Slice fish in about 1-2 oz and season with salt
- Whisk self-rising flour, lager beer and 1 tsp salt to a smooth batter. Store cold for 10 minutes
- Slice fennel and carrot thinly. Pick mint and dill
- Combine fennel, carrot, mint and dil. Add juice from one lemon and rapeseed oil. Season with salt
- Heat up a pan over medium high heat and sauté green peas with shallots and butter. Mix roughly in a blender
- Heat up oil to 210°C/420°F
- Dust each fish bite in flour, then dip into the batter and allow any excess to drip off. Holding in one end; gently lower fish into the oil one by one. Fry golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side. Use proper tools.
- Remove from oil and place on kitchen towel to drain.
- Serve with lemon wedges, mashed peas and fennel, dill and mint salad.