Fudgy Brownie with Coffee Frosting
Fudgy brownie with coffee frosting by Ida Gran-Jansen!
Ida is a Norwegian food blogger and cookbook author. She first started her blog in 2013 and quickly became one of Norway’s leading food bloggers. She is known for her explicit cooking skills and her beautiful food photography. If you want to see more, you can find her on Facebook and Instagram.
The idea behind this brownie is that I wanted to make a fudgy brownie with LOTS of chocolate, frosted with even more chocolate, and coffee! I love the combination of coffee and chocolate so I knew this would be a success. The coffee I used this time is the well-known Evergood classic, which blends perfectly with chocolate and cream.
A soft, slightly sticky, brownie with lots of chocolate, topped with a soft coffee and chocolate frosting that will melt on your tongue.
- Grease and line a 20 x 27 cm springform pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate on low heat in a small saucepan, and cool off for 10 minutes. Whip egg and sugar for approx. 4 minutes at medium speed. Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and stir.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, and add the batter step-by-step. Pour the batter into the mold and bake in the oven for approx. 30-35 minutes, or until the brownie is firm but soft inside.
- Set the cake aside to cool off completely.
- Start by making 0,5 dl coffee. Make it strong!
- Heat the cream and butter. Pour in finely chopped chocolate, coffee, salt, and brown sugar.
- Stir all until the chocolate is melted completely. Put the liquid frosting in the refrigerator and cool it off completely to make it cold. Use an electric whip until you get a thicker and brighter frosting.
- Grease the frosting over the cooled brownie, and eat!
You may purchase the Evergood Classic coffee directly from our webshop.
*This recipe was originally an ad for Joh. Johannson Kaffe AS, the producer of Evergood coffee.*
* All photos by Ida Gran-Jansen*