Smoked Reindeer Tacos
Number of servings
If you think smoking meat in a stone chimney sounds a bit advanced you can use a frying pan and some butter. If you want to try and smoke meat in your own kitchen we have described one way to do it below. As long as your product is good, you’re good!
- Put 3 tbs of wood chips in the bottom of the cast iron pan and a fitted grid on top of it.
- Put a wide layer of aluminum foil on top of the grip and let it cover the edges.
- Put the meat you want smoked on top of the aluminum foil and cover with a lid. Turn the heat on full and wait for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat down a bit and let the meat rest for 20 minutes, or until cooked. Keep the lid on.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan and fill up with water.
- Bring to a boil and add the salt. Stir until all the salt has dissolved.
- When the potatoes are soft, pour out the water.
- Gently press the potatoes using a teaspoon so they get a dent and fry them in a saucepan till they are slightly golden
- Chop parsley and with cottage cheese and rapeseed oil in a bowl.
- Slice the meat into thin pieces and serve in a flatbread/tortilla with all the above!