Thanksgiving Apple Pie with Cinnamon Crumble
Number of servings
List of ingredients
This recipe is made by the Danish food blogger Kim. Kim is the founder and owner of Nordic Food and Living, a food universe highly focused on traditional Danish recipes. However, the blog also includes American- and Italian inspired recipes to highlight the modern eating habits of the Danish people.
As Thanksgiving is coming up, it is high season for pie. In Scandinavia, Thanksgiving isn’t really an established phenomenon (yet), but that doesn’t mean we can’t make suitable food! This recipe is in Danish called “Æbletærte”, or simply “apple pie”, and it makes the perfect Thanksgiving dessert.
The recipe is super simple and easy to cook and you get the most delicious pie. This apple pie is basically a layer of fresh apples topped with crumbled cinnamon dough. The sweet, but still sour, apples go perfectly with the crispy and cinnamon spiced crumble dough.
Try it out!
- Peel the apples, slice them and put them in an ovenproof pie pan.
- Mix the butter, flour, sugar, and oats together in a large bowl.
- Crumble the dough in small pieces on top of the apples.
- Chop the almonds and mix them with cinnamon.
- Spread the almonds and cinnamon mix on top of the crumbled dough.
- Bake in the oven at 180 C (360 F) for about 25-30 minutes.
- EAT! May very well be served with sour cream or some vanilla ice cream.
All photos by Kim